Gmail is a notable email service and mobile application designed by Google. Gmail makes sure you get each and every email sent by others and it notifies you about the same. It becomes quite annoying when Gmail notifies you every other minute on the desktop. Several users do not prefer email notifications on desktop due to the scheduled time for checking their emails and it notifies them unexpectedly any time. If you are among those who do not prefer Gmail notifications on your system or laptop desktop, then you have come to the right place. Here are the detailed effective methods on how you can disable Gmail notifications on your laptop or desktop
Disabling Notifications On Gmail Website
First of all, Gmail allows its users to disable and enable notification alerts on its website. If you are a current Gmail user, then disabling email notifications is not a tough task for you. Disabling Gmail notifications through its website is as easy as it sounds. To disable notifications from the website:
1. Open the Gmail Website and enter your username and password to login.
2. Go to the settings menu and navigate to the notifications option available.
3. Click on the Notifications option and there lies an option of turn off desktop notifications.
4. Click on the option and you are good to go.
Disabling Through Chrome Settings
It is the second method you can apply to turn off the Gmail notifications alerts on your computer’s desktop. If you are a Google Chrome user, then disabling Gmail notifications is at your fingertips. Google Chrome has loads of amazing features with several extensions and browsing features. If you have Google Chrome on your PC or laptop, follow the below-listed steps to disable Gmail notifications on the desktop:
1. Double click on the Google Chrome icon to open it.
2. Navigate to the browser’s settings and click on the Advanced option available.
3. Under the Advanced option, there lies an option of Content settings.
4. Click on it and scroll down to choose Notifications Options available.
5. Select Gmail from the list and disable the notifications by clicking on the disable option.
Disabling By A Specific Application
If you are unable to disable the notifications alerts of Gmail by applying the two listed methods, then simply download a specific application and use it to disable the notifications of Gmail on the desktop of your PC.
David Maxwell is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding McAfee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.