Have you ever wondered if you can use Android Messages on your PC? Several Android, as well as PC users, find it difficult to use their Android device for messaging while working on their computer. What if you can use your PC instead of your Android device to reply to a message or start a new conversation. Using your PC instead of your Android device is as easy as it sounds. So, if you are amongst the users who do not know how to use your PC instead of your Android device for messaging, then you have come to the right place. Here’s how you can do so:
By Linking That Messaging App With Your PC
First of all, to use your PC for messaging instead of the Android device, you have to link that messaging app on your Android device to your PC. To do so;
- Download the latest version of the Messaging app you are using and see if there’s an update available.
- After successfully updating the app, open it on your Android device.
- There lies an option of Messages for Web in the menu of three dots available in the top right corner of the screen.
- After that, enter the URL messages.google.com/web in your PC browser and click on the Remember This Computer option if you want to use the feature for a long time.
- Now on your Android device, tap on the QR code scanner and scan it on the webpage you opened on your PC.
- Now you have linked messages of your phone with your PC.
- See the messages interface on your web browser Window.
- Now open the overflow menu to go to the settings,
- Click on Archived messages and enable dark theme. You can alternatively enable the dark theme from the settings menu too.
- Now, change notification and messages preview settings and pair or unpair your phone with the PC at your fingertips.
Here’s How To Reply To A Message Or Start A New Conversation on Your PC
- To reply to a message, click on the message list to open up the conversation.
- Read your message and respond accordingly by clicking on the rectangular box to type your reply.
- And secondly, to start a new conversation, click on the Start Chat option available at the top of the message history list.
- After opening up the box, enter the recipient name, email address or contact number you are willing to contact over messages.
- A list will appear on your PC screen showing contacts.
- Choose that contact if it’s available in the list or fill in that contact’s details manually.
- After that, you can type your message in the message box available at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- You can use additional features like emojis, symbols, sticker and attachments and much more.
- Prepare your message after successfully selecting the recipient you wish to contact and click on the Send button available under the message box.
David Maxwell is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding McAfee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.